Remuneration and Fees
Apex Insurance Brokers may be remunerated by the Insurance Companies and Product Producers by way of commission, to whom orders are transmitted for new business, on renewal of existing business and/or based on the levels of business introduced.
Remuneration details are available on request. We receive commission for the work involved in placing the cover and finalising the product with Insurers on your behalf. The amount of commission varies on the type of product and Product Producer. In some cases there is no commission paid. The amount of any commission received by Apex Insurance Brokers will not be deducted from any fee payable. In addition we may charge you a Professional fee (brokerage) usually as a percentage of the insurance premium on the following basis: In addition we may charge you a Professional fee (brokerage) usually as a percentage of the insurance premium on the following basis:
Are charged for the following services:
- Research of the market to seek the most suitable Product and Product Producer for your specific requirements and attitude to Risk.
- Advice on types and levels of covers and excess.
- Ensuring competitiveness and negotiation with Insurers and Product Producers.
- Ongoing account servicing for advice, alterations and amendments.
- Insurance consultancy work including risk management and risk surveys.
- Claims handling assistance and general insurance advice
- Arrangement of Premium Finance.
- Any other activity detailed in this terms of Business and in our schedule of charges above.
- On occasion we may need to charge rates different to the above depending on the complexity of the case and the amount of time involved. We will advise and agree this fee with you prior to carrying out the work.
|Product||Flat Fee||Maximum Fee|
|Household||€50||Up to 35% of Premium|
|Private Motor||€50||Up to 35% of Premium|
|Commercial Motor||Up to 35% of Premium|
|Property Owners/Landlord Household||Up to 35% of Premium|
|Commercial Business||Up to 35% of Premium|
|Premiums €2,000 or Less||Up to 50% of Premium|
|Midterm Switches/Alterations||Up to €50||N/A|
|Claims Handling||By agreement|
|Premium Finance||Up to 5% of the Premium|
Non Refundable Professional Fees apply for the time we spend working on behalf of the customer and are not refundable if the policy is cancelled
Apex Insurance Brokers may at times arrange your Cover through a Wholesale Broker, who may charge a fee for their services. These charges will be disclosed to you.
© 2015 Apex Insurance Brokers Apex Risk Advisors Limited trading as Apex Insurance Brokers is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland